In this episode of Production Bot 101, we break down everything you need to know about the Motherboard. The Motherboard is one of the most important pieces of a computer, and in the Produdction Bot's case it contains input and output solutions that are not SDI, XLR or an SSD Bay.
What you'll find:
- Graphics card, which you will use to plug in your external monitors.
- Audio 1/8" outputs. The red output is where you will plug in headphones.
- RJ45 Ethernet input.
- USB 3.0
- USB C
- HDMI and DisplayPort. We recommend these ports only be used if you are familiar with BIOS.
- PS/2 inputs for mouse and keyboard.
- Wifi adapters. We do not recommend relying on Wifi for your livestreaming needs, unless you are just using it to work on your show and not to stream. Instead, use an ethernet cable, which can almost guarantee a clean connection and reduces the possibility of having interference. We also recommend using a dedicated network.